According to Pew Research Centre, Millennials surpassed all other generations in 2016 as the largest portion of the workforce. Gen Y have been now classified as Millennials.
Millennials are those born in the 80’s and 90’s and enter the workforce in the late 90’s and 2000s.
As of 2017, 56 million members of the workforce are Millennials, 53 million are Gen X and 41 million are baby boomers.
What is important to Millennials
- Cash isn’t always an incentive – pay them with “experiences”
- Constant feedback on their work – they love being appreciated!
- Millennials care deeply about the mission of their company. They want to feel they are working for a purpose larger than themselves.
- Foster a fun, employee-centric work environment
- Millennials believe being tied to their desk from 9-5 antiquated and unnecessary. They want flexibility in where and when they work
Image Credit: VIPCrowd.com